Institut Mérieux – PETRI Young Investigator Awards-2017
Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a major public health issue worldwide. The Institut Mérieux and its entities have been committed for many years in the fight against AMR and improvement of antibiotic stewardship. In order to provide an incentive for promising young investigators working in the field of AMR, Institut Mérieux allocates several awards worldwide to researchers or clinicians at the beginning of their carrier in recognition of a major achievement having significant impact on the handling of AMR. To maximize the visibility of such an award, and ensure proper selection of the candidates, Institut Mérieux relies on the expertise of well-established associations working in the field of AMR in each selected countries. Institut Mérieux and the Persatuan Dokter Intensive Care Indonesia Indonesia (PETRI) have decided to allocate in 2017 a joint Young Investigator Award of 10,000 €, that will be given to a Indonesian laureate during the 1st International conference on Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases on November 15th – 18th, 2017.
- Investigators/applicants are current members of PETRI or PAPDI.
- Serving in a hospital or in a relevant research institution on a full time basis as infectious disease clinician, clinical or molecular microbiologist or epidemiologist.
- With less than 15 years of clinical practice experience or less than 10 year of working experience in microbiology after their postgraduate qualification.
- Involved and made significant contribution in AMR research and/or patient management with a national impact.
- Indicators of impact could be either publication(s) in prominent international journals and / or implementation of guidelines / protocols having led to significant improvements in the following areas.
- Antimicrobial resistance control.
- Development of new tools / approach in controlling antimicrobial resistance.
- Adoption of an innovative approach in patient management for controlling antimicrobial resistance.
- Any actions having led to improved control / reduction of hospital acquired infection rate.
Selection process and Conditions.
- Applications for the award should reach PETRI on or before 20th September 2017.
- For the award, please submit the following through email to___________ or through post to _________________________________________.
- Full name of nominee and contact information (email address and cellphone number)
- A brief CV of Nominee detailing the professional history of the nominee.
- One Page description of research and / or clinical projects the young researcher have performed which could be considered for the award. Attaching substantiating evidence such as publication of the nominees work is encouraged.
- One page description of ongoing and future research undertaken by the applicant in the field of AMR
- A 2×2 ID picture of the nominee.
- A recommendation letter from the host institution where the nominee is working at the time of application.
- Members of scientific council of PETRI will assess the applications and will choose two to three suitable applications, which will be forwarded to the scientific advisory board of Institut Mérieux with their recommendations for the selection of the laureate. The Institut Mérieux keeps the possibility not to allocate any award if none of the proposal is meeting minimum qualification for the award.
- Institut Mérieux will notify the name of the laureate for the year 2017 to PETRI. PETRI will organize an award ceremony during ICTOMI to be held in 15th to 18th November 2017.
- In order to receive the award money, which is not exceeding €10,000 (Euro Ten thousand), the institution hosting the laureate should engage an agreement with Institut Mérieux. The award money will be transferred only to the hosting institution of the laureate, and the institution will hold responsibility for proper utilization of the fund for research by the laureate.